Monday 13 December 2010

Woolgathering season.....

It's been one of those days...
Busy....
Despite my good intentions to do naff all,I found myself doing too much. much to my militant inner self.
And then, a wondrous thing occurred..
A happening.
An event.
Not the sort of event that draws the crowds, but an event deep in the murky recesses of my mind, an event that I realised is truly quite wonderful.
I began to daydream.
Looking at my screen whilst planning all sorts of uber-boring shortages and delivery dates, I noticed that my mind was a'wandering.
And as it a'wandered, something strange happened, something I just cannot explain.
Something I cannot honestly say I have ever done before.
Something weird.
Something I can say with crystal clarity that is new to me, something which is a departure to my everyday norm.
I began to draw on my forehead.
Now, had this been intentional I would have known not to go the two-thirty shortages meeting, and had cleaned up a little bit. It's only polite really, just to show a touch of respect for my fellow two-thirties.
But, alas, I had taken upper brow doodling to new heights, or depths, depending upon one's view.
The brow doodles were the combined result of tapping my forehead completely unnecessarily with my leaky and rather cheap biro, and the fact that I think I may have inadvertently discovered that brow tapping inspires daydreaming......
Fascinating eh?
And so, I ventured into the two-thirty with a forehead that looked like I had been leaning against some freshly daubed cave in Lascaux, although in hindsight this may have been preferable, and would have left me with at least a reverse image of a passable attempt of a sabre-tooth Friesian, and not the junior scribblings of a madman.
If only the fellow two-thirties had not noticed it would have been kinda ok,but the feeling that something was wrong really sank in after the first few minutes when it was clear that all eyes were drifting to my forehead...I actually considered whether I was wearing a hat...and it absolutely sank in when some sleuth pointed out to me that 'you seem to have drawn on your face'.
Subtle.
The only thing I could muster was 'I ran out of A4, that's why I am at the shortage meeting....'
Ok, not brilliant...but at least I couldn't be recognised.
Smiling.
Ug....
Back to my daydreaming tomorrow methinks.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha..... made me laugh so much....so funny thinking of someone doing that because it the sort of thing I wind up doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koolf, maybe you could try emulating a Jackson Pollock action painting next time. This might look rather fetching daubed on your forehead. Keep daydreaming, brother.

    ReplyDelete